Helix mattress-a new mattress start-up is all aboout personalization. One of the cool thing about Helix mattress is that it is moving away from one-size mattress and let its customers figure out their sleeping preference to get their ideal mattress. However, is Helix mattress really that customizable and does it make a difference? This paper will take a look at the overall Helix mattress review.
More than that, you can also see how Bestmattresstoday compares Helix mattress with other mattress brands.
Video resource: Sleepopolis.com
As the goal to diversifying mattress, Helix mattress layers are not the same for every mattress. It significantly depends on your desires. Therefore, in this Helix mattress review, im gonna break down 4 different Helix mattress configurations.
Despite the change in design, the materials are similar. The 10” Helix mattress is built from 3 layers of poly foam and 1 microcoils layer. Personal needs of sleepers will decide the order of layers, their firmness and density.
For this Helix mattress review, I have collect information that hopefully helps you have closer look.
- Top layer: 2’’ layer of poly foam which is quite responsive is designed to feel very similar to Latex with great bounce and cooling.
- Support and pressure relief: 2.4” layer of 1,350 micro coils provides softness, pressure relief and great bounce.
- Third layer: 2” layer of poly foam provides deep compression support.
- Foundation: This 4” layer of support foam acts as a foundation.
Helix mattress cover with the function of protecting the mattress is made from 100% polyester with top white piece of fabric and blue side panels. Moreover, this thin cover without padding lets air flow easier and sleepers can engage with the foams and microcoils.
Remarkably, my favorite thing about Helix cover is the combination between blue and white which creates the fresh feeling.
FIRMNESS, COMFORT & SUPPORT
A short mattress questionnare covering mattress size, height, weight, sleeping position, firmness preference and sleep-related pain is what you will have to finish before purchasing a Helix mattress in order to get the best mattress.
Once the quiz is finished, you will have your best mattress based on the 4 following criteria:
- Point Elasticity: How much pressure put on one part of the mattress will affect the rest of the mattress.
- Temperature Regulation: While you sleep extremely hot, others simply need something doesnt warm up.
- Support: How much support does your spine need? Your sleeping positions ( side sleep or stomach sleep), height and weight will determine how much support you need.
- Feel: How soft or hard the mattress is will be decided by your preference level.
Below is the firmness and softness level of Helix mattress.
Coming up, I will go insight into each configuration of Helix mattress.
HELIX CONFIGURATION 1
This mattress typically serves 2 types of sleeper: lighter sleepers and side sleepers. Im a typical light sleeper and im just in love with this mattress because it allows me to sink into the foams yet not too deep.
I believe this mattress firmness ranks 5 out of 10.
HELIX CONFIGURATION 2
For most sleepers, this mattress is quite suitable. Average weight sleepers will find this mattress to be good deal.
This configuration is at 6 out of 10 in terms of firmness.
HELIX CONFIGURATION 3
If you are side or back sleepers with lighter weight, you will enjoy this medium feel mattress that offers balanced level of sinkage.
It has a firmness 5.5 out of 10.
HELIX CONFIGGURATION 4
Providing high level of support, this mattress with the firmest feel will perfectly fit heavy sleeper.
Out of 10 for firmness, this Helix configuration reaches 8.5.
All these Helix configuration has pretty fast response time and good levels of pressure relief and support. Obviously, Helix mattress can serve all styles of sleepers as long as you can be clear about your desires.
Bestmattresstoday always tries to offer as much information as possible to help you make the best decision when purchasing mattress. As a results, sinkage tests is carried out so that my readers can have actual understanding on sinkage, hug and feel.
Here’s the table that indicates sinkage levels of Helix configurations.
|Sinkage test||Helix 1||Helix 2||Helix 3||Helix 4|
|Lying on back||3″||2.5″||2.25″||1.25″|
|Lying on side||3.5″||3″||3.25″||2.25″|
|Sitting on edge
|Sitting on edge
|Standing in the middle||6″||5″||6″||4.5″|
OTHER KEY CONSIDERATION
- Helix mattress sold online only.
- Favorable return policy within 100 days.
- Strong customer service team who always make sure you will have a good time shopping at Helix.
In conclusion, this Helix mattress is one of my recommendation for sleepers because they appropriately fit different sleep preferences. It’s reasonable to give it a try along with their great trial period.
After choosing your best mattress, dont forget to dive into our Helix mattress coupon.